Friday, February 17, 2012

TVC X puzzles


This post contains 6 puzzles picked up from the IB available at LMI .One of my ideas is also appearing at this test.I am not very fond of the Difference tapa, as i thought it is just a specific case of math tapa.I didnt mind creating one though.I think the "only 2 blocks per clue" property probably makes up the major solving key for these puzzles.There is an 'x' in the top-left corner to eliminate the possibility of shading either of two cells.
I am glad tapa guard is back,this being the most interesting of tapa variations.
the Shortest Segment i posted here is the only sample i ever made,as this idea is one of the most recent.It was also used in the IB.I have mixed opinion about braille tapa.Like it for some reasons and do not for some.As for toroidal tapa,I never liked toroidal grids.
Hope you liked these puzzles.

Edit: Braille and total false modified for uniqueness.

Tapa Guard




Combination tapa




Difference tapa





Total false





Shortest Segment




Braille Tapa


1 comment:

  1. You should give the rules for each of these variants. Guard, Combination, and Shortest Segment were fun once I located the rules. Unfortunately, Difference and Total False are still not unique.

    And Braille occupies a weird middle ground. I tried to solve the puzzle with the restriction that the black squares in each given 2x3 box could form any Braille letter (except G or Q, which have 2x2 squares in them). This allows multiple solutions, so I did some digging. The rules I found state that only the "given Braille letters" can be used. People solving this puzzle generally don't know Braille and won't know ahead of time which letters are allowed. (For the record, the letters to be used are the ones that appear in "BRAILLE TAPA" and are given in the source I found in the order "TAP BRILE".)

    ReplyDelete