Tuesday, March 27, 2012

TVC XII




I am not quite happy with the the loop and wire puzzles appearing at TVC XII,not only that they are boring,but i would also need a printer.Compass is my favourite,though i would prefer calling it "navigator" tapa.Borders is another nice variation.
I also constructed a few.More will come later. The sweeper puzzle below uses the sweeper logic only a couple of times ,but it is brilliant as a tapa itself.I did not work much on the loop,so you wont find enough tapaness there, while the loop logic dominates throughout and you also have multiple openings to choose from,which means anywhere you look at the grid,you are off to a start(didnt i say i didnt like seeing this at a TVC?) .Compass also is a simple one.I might do a better one later.


Sweeper:






Compass:




Borders:





Loop:


2 comments:

  1. Nice blog. If you like logic and word puzzles you might also like cryptic crosswords. I have done a series of posts explaining how to approach the clues - once you get into them they are fascinating. This was the first post in the series: http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/01/cryptic-crosswords-solving-hints-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tapa Borders has a small ambiguity in the bottom left, if I'm not mistaken. Can't be bothered to check the Sweeper.

    ReplyDelete